Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Study a new technology or go on with the familiar one

Now I have a chance to study a new technology. Also I have an opportunity to continue my career with my well-known technology. My manager asked me to reply him as soon as possible. Which should I choose? It is really difficult.
The new technology is a very famous solution. If I go to that, I may have more choices later in my career road. The problem is that I have to study something new in a short time. If I don't catch up soon, I will get bad performance rate at the end of this year. One more problem I should note is that this new position has very less relationship with what I am doing now. I may have to set my current knowledge aside for a while. I don't think it is help to learn the new technology. The idea position is which use the new technology and have relationship with my familiar one. But this kind of position is not available now.
If I choose the old technology path, it is very obviously I don't need to study more. Everything is familiar. I don't need to suffer pain time of studying. But the problem is that I will not have such an opportunity to experience another technology. As everyone know, the study chance is not provided everywhere. Actually it is very seldom. No company want to just send you to study.
Oh, What can I do? Could you tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment